Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Oregon and Southwest Washington is grateful to the many people and organizations who wish to organize events to support our mission. Please consider our guidelines before submitting an event proposal form.
“What is a Third‐Party Fundraising Event?”
A third-party event is a fundraising activity performed by a group or individual, where the RMHC organization has no fiduciary responsibilities and little or no staff involvement. It is planned and executed by an event organizer, or a person, group, or organization who is independent of RMHC.
“Why should I have a Third-Party Fundraiser for Ronald McDonald House Charities?”
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and Southwest Washington provides a “home away from home” for families with seriously ill children, and supports initiatives to improve pediatric health. RMHC provides a “loving home away from home” at no cost to keep families close while their child receives care. We are able to offer our services because of the generosity of local donors, families and community partners. Your donation matters!
“I want to organize a fundraiser for RMHC but am not sure what to do.”
Listed below are some ideas of the many ways that you can help raise funds and awareness of RMHC of Oregon and Southwest Washington. This list is merely an example, let your creativity guide you!
- Collect Donations: Set out our RMHC branded collection boxes next to cash registers, and in your local businesses to encourage your customers to help you support RMHC.
- Host a fundraiser: Host a benefit birthday party, throw a bake sale, a sporting event or donate a percentage of a designated event’s profits. Be creative and organize an activity that is personal to you!
- Designate the Ronald McDonald House Charities as the beneficiary for your event: If your business or organization hosts an annual event that generates funds, consider donating a portion of the proceeds.
“I want to host a fundraiser, what are my next steps?”
Submit an Event Proposal Form on our webpage or contact our Community Engagement Manager, Lily McFadden, by email at email@example.com, or by fax, 971-230-6720. Once your event has been officially approved, you can start promoting your event!
“What can the Ronald McDonald House Charities do to help with my fundraiser?”
RMHC is appreciative of the organizers who manage third-party fundraising events but is limited in the amount of resources and assistance it can provide.
RMHC may be able to provide:
- Advice and suggestions on event planning
- RMHC marketing materials such as the RMHC name, logo, images, event banners, display materials and donation envelopes
- Promotion to the RMHC community through the RMHC website, Facebook, Twitter, and our internal communication
- Tax receipts for contributions made payable and submitted to RMHC
- The event organizer is responsible for all aspects of the event including:
- Printing of all materials
- Underwriting of event related costs
- Unique marketing materials created to publicize the event
- Working and managing the actual event