Our Portland and Bend Ronald McDonald Houses are built on the simple idea that nothing else should matter when a family is focused on the health of their child—not where they will get their next meal or where they will sleep. Our volunteers remove the stress of everyday life by keeping our Houses beautiful, our kitchens full and our children entertained. Volunteering with us is an enriching experience not only for our volunteers, but for the thousands of families who walk through our doors.
There are many ways to get involved! New volunteers, please fill out the form below and a volunteer coordinator will be in touch with you shortly.
Returning volunteers, please sign in here. If you’ve volunteered with us before, please take a moment to complete this quick survey about your volunteer experience. Thank you!
- Join our Meals from the Heart Program and make homemade meals for the families staying at our houses with your corporate team, family, or a group of friends.
- Be on the front lines as a Front Desk volunteer by answering the phones, assisting our guests, and supporting our staff.
- Bring your whole team in for a Day of Service and leverage the power of your group to take on big projects and make our House feel like a home.
- Volunteer with the Hospitality Cart and help to provide compassionate hospitality to families inside Randall Children’s Hospital, Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, or Salem Health.
- Provide children’s programming as a Fun Junction volunteer and offer our parents a moment of rest and respite.
- Help make our House a Home by keeping up with our Maintenance
- Make sure our families can get from point A to B by volunteering as a Driver
- Become a House Host and make sure that our house is always neat, tidy, and comfortable for our families.
- Support us at our major fundraising events by signing up for Event Support
- Become a volunteer Baker and spread the love, one cookie at a time
- Have special skills? Let us know if you have a certified Pet Therapy Dog, are a family photographer, are a hair stylist, or masseuse.
For more information, or to join our community of volunteers, please fill out the Volunteer Inquiry below.
For more information about volunteering as an individual in Portland, please contact Jordan Boustead
For more information about volunteering with a group in Portland, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator
For more information about volunteering as an individual or group in Bend, please contact Teresa Braun