Hockey Challenge Player Day-Of Details
Here are all the day-of event details you need for this year’s Hockey Challenge!
Hockey Challenge Game Day Schedule
Final schedule will be published shortly, stay tuned!
Game 1: 7:00 am – 8:15 am (VMC)
Game 2: 8:30 am – 9:45 am (VMC)
Game 3: 10:00 am – 11:15 am (VMC)
Game 4: 11:30 am – 12:45 pm (VMC)
Game 5: 1:00 pm – 2:15 pm (VMC)
5:00 pm: Portland Winterhawks vs. Victoria Royals (Moda)
8:00 pm: Hockey Challenge All-Star Game (Moda) Winners selected February 28!
- Liability Waiver: Every player must complete this waiver by Monday, February 24!
- Parking: FREE parking will be available to all Hockey Challenge participants & spectators. More details about the specific garage location to come. Street parking is always an option. Other Moda garages will open at 2:00 pm. ($10 = one time entry; $15 = in/out pass).
- Security: Take note! All players must be rostered in advance and have filled out this liability form by February 24. Also, a security team will be checking hockey bags at the entrance. Review this policy to make sure you are not turned away because you have prohibited items (Backpacks, cameras, and outside food are prohibited! Hockey bags & equipment allowed; empty plastic water bottles allowed).
- Check-In: Enter the VMC through the FRONT DOORS, using GATE 10 (doors to the very far left). Look for RMHC signage and check-in table. In addition to VMC security, you will be checked in by a team of Ronald McDonald House Charities staff and volunteers who will load you up with your access badges, tournament jerseys, and provide other support as needed.
- Hockey Challenge Spectators: Family and friends are welcome to watch the Hockey Challenge games. They will enter the VMC the same way as the players at GATE 10. Free entry (suggested donation of $10 per person). Spectators will be checked by security and must follow the Moda’s policy regarding personal items.
- Hockey Challenge Food and Beverages: TBD
- Portland Winterhawks vs. Victoria Royals (5:00 pm, March 8, Moda) Tickets: Each Hockey Challenge registrant will receive two tickets to the game upon check-in at the Hockey Challenge. Click here for additional tickets and use the code: hockeychallenge (a portion of each ticket sale benefits RMHC!).
All-Star Player Day-Of Information: The top 10 individual fundraisers will join Winterhawks’ alums in the All-Star game and get a commemorative All-Star jersey! (Winners selected February 28!)
- All-Star Credentials: At the Hockey Challenge check-in, you’ll receive an All-Star VIP pass. Keep this for later in the day, as it will provide you with access to the Moda suite during the Winterhawks game.
- All-Star Gear Storage: After your Hockey Challenge game, please place your bag/gear on the All-Star hand truck in the locker room. Gear will be stored in a secure area throughout the day and taken to the Moda locker room on your behalf prior to the All-Star game.
- All-Star Jerseys: The Winterhawks will provide jerseys for All-Star players – these will be available for you in the Moda locker room. RMHC will provide water bottles and towels. Please bring all other gear, including socks.
- Moda Suite During Winterhawks Game: Suite tickets will be provided to you upon check-in at the Hockey Challenge.
- All-Stars to Locker Room: All players in the All-Star game must meet a Winterhawks representative at entry [TBD] to head to the locker rooms at the end of the second intermission of the Winterhawks game. All-Star lanyard credentials are required to access the Event Level.
- 8:00 pm All-Star Game
- Post Game: All-Stars will have access to showers. Towels will be provided.
- All-Star After Party: Join us for an after-party in the Courtside Club with the Winterhawks alumni players! All-Star VIP pass is required to access the Event Level.
Questions? Please contact Grace Hollandsworth at email@example.com or (971) 230-6710.