Hockey Challenge Player Logistics
Hockey Challenge Game Day Schedule
Game 1: 8:30 am – 9:45 am Scrimmage game
Game 2: 10:00 am – 11:15 am Nike vs. Intel
Game 3: 11:30 am – 12:45 pm Women’s Team 1 vs. Women’s Team 2
Game 4: 1:00 pm – 2:15 pm Blueliners vs. Portland Firefighters
5:00 pm: Portland Winterhawks vs. Victoria Royals
8:00 pm: Hockey Challenge All-Star Game
- Liability Waiver due ASAP: In order to play, you must complete this waiver. It only takes a couple of minutes to fill out and will help to avoid delays during check-in on game day.
- Parking: FREE parking is available in the Garden Garage – opens at 7:30 am. You may enter/exit the garage until 2 pm, after this time, the arm will go down and parking fees apply: $10 one time entry; $15 in/out pass. See map attached. Street parking is always an option. Other Moda garages will be open from 2 pm on.
- Security: Take note! All players must be rostered in advance and must have filled out this liability form. Please get this done by 3/6 to avoid getting stuck at check in. Also, a security team will be checking hockey bags at the entrance. Review this policy to make sure you are not turned away because you have prohibited items – backpacks are prohibited!
- Check In: Enter the VMC through the FRONT DOORS, using GATE 10 – doors to the very far left. Look for RMHC signage + check in table. In addition to VMC security, you will be checked in by a team of Ronald McDonald House Charities staff and volunteers who will load you up with your access badges, tournament jerseys and provide other support as needed.
- Hockey Challenge Locker Rooms: There will be facilities for showers, but please bring your own towel.
- Hockey Challenge Spectators: Family and friends are welcome to watch the Hockey Challenge games. They will enter the VMC the same way as the players at GATE 10. Free entry with a suggested donation of $10 per person. Spectators will be checked by security and must follow Moda’s policy regarding personal items.
- Hockey Challenge Food & Beverages: Complimentary water, soda/sports drinks, coffee, and light snacks will be provided for Hockey Challenge players throughout the day. Full meals will not be provided.
- Portland Winterhawks vs. Victoria Royals 5 p.m. 3/8 @ Moda. TICKETS: Each Hockey Challenge registrant will receive 2 tickets to the game upon check in at the Hockey Challenge. For additional tickets, please click here and use the code: “hockeychallenge” – a portion of each ticket sale benefits RMHC!
All-Star Player Day-Of Information
The top 10 individual fundraisers will join Winterhawks’ alums in the All-Star game and get a commemorative All-Star jersey! Winners selected February 28!
- All-Star Credentials: You’ll receive an All-Star VIP pass at the Hockey Challenge check-in. Please keep with you to gain access later to the Moda suite for the Winterhawks game.
- All-Star Jerseys: The Winterhawks will provide a special jersey for you. Pick up in the Moda locker room.
- Gear: Please bring all other gear including socks. We’ll provide game towels and water.
- All-Star Gear Storage: After your Hockey Challenge game, please place your bag/gear on the All-Star hand truck in the locker room. We will securely store your gear, then transport to the Moda locker room on your behalf prior to the All-Star game.
- Access to Moda Suite During Winterhawks Game: Use your All-star VIP pass for entry.
- Locker Room Meetup: Rendevous at entry A4 at the end of the second intermission of the Winterhawks game. A Winterhawks’ representative will escort your group to the locker rooms.
- All-Star Game Time: 8:00 pm
- Post Game: All-stars have access to showers. Players should bring their own towels.
- After Party: Join us in the Courtside Club with Winterhawks alumni!
Questions? Please contact Grace Hollandsworth at email@example.com or 971-230-6710.