Check In Process
- Families who have a confirmed room must check in between 4:00pm-11:30pm Pacific Time.
- Guest families may come and go as much as they please, provided that the room is used daily by a parent or legal guardian.
- If your family is covered by a State Medicaid Insurance plan such as the Oregon Health Plan, Washington Medicaid, or Alaska Medicaid, please bring the patient’s Medical ID with you.
- We do not bill families or request a fee for lodging, though donations are greatly appreciated.
- Upon check in, families will receive our House Guidelines and a brief tour.
- Please note, weapons of any kind, including those registered to concealed-carry permit holders, are not permitted on the property or in cars.
- Family pets are not permitted on the property or in cars.
Check Out Process
- Families must check out at or before noon on their reservation check out date.
- For transportation options to/from Legacy Emanuel Hospital or OHSU/Doernbecher Children’s Hospital and East House click here.
- For transportation options getting around Portland from East House click here.
- For transportation options to/from OHSU and West House click here.
- For transportation options getting around Portland from West House click here.
What is offered at Ronald McDonald House?
Each location offers the following, and more:
- Private bedroom and bathroom with linens and towels
- Laundry facilities with laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- Community spaces including kitchen, craft room, playroom, game room, and living room
- Several meals and activities throughout the week
- Wi-Fi access as well as community computers
- Items to borrow, including movies, video games, gaming systems, entertainment passes and baby items