Stay With Us in Portland
Information for Portland Guests
Returning guest? Click here to reserve a guest room in Portland.
Click here if you are a social worker or hospital staff seeking to refer a family.
Looking for room availability for tonight? Please call our Family Placement Coordinator at (971) 230-6702 to see if there is availability at one of our houses.
To qualify to stay at a Portland Ronald McDonald House:
- Families must have a patient 21 years or younger being treated at a Portland hospital. Parents under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Patients age 18-21 must be accompanied by a support person who is age 18 or older.
- Families with an unborn baby can request to stay two weeks prior to delivery, with a doctor’s recommendation.
- Families must live more than 30 miles from their child’s Portland area hospital.
If you meet these qualifications, take the next step by calling one of the phone numbers below to get a referral to stay with us:
- Doernbecher Children’s Hospital/OHSU: (503) 418-4064
- Randall Children’s Hospital: (503) 413-4707
- Shriners Hospital for Children: (503) 221-3783
- The Kartini Clinic: (503) 249-8851
- Referrals for other Portland area hospitals: Please have a social worker call (971) 230-6702.
If you have any questions, please contact our Portland Family Placement Coordinator at (971) 230-6702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want more information? Click here to download a brochure on how to reserve a room in Portland.
Know Before You Go
If you already have a reservation, we have put together some helpful information to know before you go to Portland:
- All adult guests (18 and older) must present a picture form of identification upon arrival to the House. For the safety of our guests, all adults are screened against the National Sex Offender Registry.
- Families who have a confirmed room must check in between 4:00pm-11:30pm Pacific Time.
- Guest families may come and go as much as they please, provided that the room is used daily by a parent or legal guardian.
- If your family is covered by a State Medicaid Insurance plan such as the Oregon Health Plan, Washington Medicaid, or Alaska Medicaid, please bring the patient’s Medical ID with you.
- We do not bill families or request a fee for lodging, though donations are greatly appreciated.
- Upon check in, families will receive our House Guidelines and a brief tour.
- Please note, weapons of any kind, including those registered to concealed-carry permit holders, are not permitted on the property or in cars.
- Family pets are not permitted on the property or in cars.
- Families must check out at or before noon on their reservation check out date.
- For transportation options to/from Legacy Emanuel Hospital or OHSU/Doernbecher Children’s Hospital and the East House click here.
- For transportation options getting around Portland from the East House click here.
- For transportation options to/from OHSU and the South Waterfront House click here.
- For transportation options getting around Portland from the South Waterfront House click here.